Is your New Year’s Resolution to boost your home’s curb appeal? Well, here are the big landscaping trends for 2020 to get you started:
1. Ornate, geometric designs are catching on: More people are incorporating waves, lattice and
basketweave designs and textured materials into the layout of their backyards. Even porcelain tiles, used in bathrooms are popping up outside the home on walkways, patios, and retaining walls.
2. Contemporary and transitional landscaping design is hot: Sleek and simple aesthics are being used in outdoor kitchens, modern fire and water features and eye-catching sculputures. People are also choosing native plants that can survive climares to enjoy gardens into fall and winter.
3. Blue is everywhere: Shades of blue were declared the top colors of the year by paint companies from Sherwin Williams to Pantone. Cobalt and dark navy are being added as touches of caliming color in outdoor oases from water features to plants llike blue fortune and hydrangeas.
4. Do it your way: Embrace your own style and quirks. Personalize your outside to your preference whether it be a garden, stone patio with hot tub or an outdoor kitchen with pizza oven.
5. Remote-controlled irrigation: Since smart tech is big inside the home, its only natural for it to apply outside the home as well. Hight-tech irrigation systems are expected this year to save
from using the right time and amount for your landscaping with a click of a button using a smartphone app.
*Courtesy of Realtor.com